Careers at GAM
At GAM, our most important assets are our employees. Our team members are customer centric, responsive, educated, and ethical in everything that they do. They are treated like family, empowered to make decisions and are provided with a dynamic environment which allows for professional and personal growth.
GAM offers a compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary, bonus, choice of medical plans, company paid life insurance and disability plans, 401(k) and profit sharing plan, paid time off, holidays, flexible work schedule, business casual environment, and more.
Opportunities Currently Available:
Regional Sales Engineer
GAM Enterprises manufactures mechanical products used in Robotics and the Factory Automation Industry. We have an opportunity for a Regional Sales Engineer to grow sales in an assigned territory, as well as support our existing customer base and external sales channel.
The position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager and is based out of our Mount Prospect, IL headquarters. Extensive travel required in this position in principle, 3 weeks per month and 4 days per week on the road. The first year will be spent in-house, training and working with our Inside Sales Team.
The Regional Sales Engineer will be ultimately responsible for all aspects pertaining to selling, managing the sales channel, and for customer satisfaction in the region. The RSE will interact with mechanical design engineers at our customers to sell and apply our products and solutions. The ideal candidate is a “Hunter” type salesperson, is technically competent in engineering-mechanics, loves interacting with people, and who would thrive at working in our fast-paced company; where the velocity from the time of order, design, manufacture, and ship is very high.
GAM’s mantra is – “GAM Can!” - and it’s the spirit of our entrepreneurial culture. We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, being Action-Oriented, building Long-Term Relationships, being Professional at what we do, and having Fun.
The Regional Sales Engineer will be responsible for technical sales and support of all products. This includes:
- Grow GAM’s overall business with good profitable business
- Cultivate new and existing business into long-term relationships
- Manage a territory’s sales channel to perform to the highest level, ensure that their targets and goals are met, and they meet the professional standards set-forth by GAM
- Coordinate activities of other GAM team members to ensure a customer issue, request, or requirement is adequately addressed in a timely manner
- Sizing and applying products to fit customer needs. Utilizing formulas to make appropriate determinations. Interpreting customer drawings.
- Managing and following up on sales leads with an emphasis on cross-selling other products
- Quoting and processing orders.
- Performing product failure analysis and creating technical drawings for customer modifications.
- Provide sales and service support to customers and agents by handling in-coming inquiries (mostly via phone and email) to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Physics.
- 2-5 years’ experience at selling a technical product in either an Inside-Sales or Outside-Sales capacity.
- An outgoing, proactive, and friendly sales personality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to juggle and manage changing priorities.
- Interest in and ability to applying technical knowledge in a sales and support environment.
- A problem-solver with a can-do-attitude.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Base salary during the training period, and commission plus base after training period along with annual growth incentive/bonus, choice of 3 medical plans, company paid life insurance and disability plans, vision, 401(k) with a match, paid time off, holidays, flexible work schedule, business casual environment, and more.
Submit your resume!
If you are qualified and interested in this position, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.
Please, no 3rd party contacts – candidates only.
GAM Can! That is our passion. The spirit of our entrepreneurial culture. We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, being Action-oriented, building Long-term relationships, being Professional at what we do, and having Fun.
- Teamwork: We will be respectful and helpful to one another and be held accountable for our actions and our work. Great teams perform well when everyone is working together for the common good and genuine desire to help!
- Action Oriented: We are doers not talkers, meaning, “We walk the talk.” We take responsibility of a problem or opportunity to the end and not hand it off to another person until it is resolved. There is strong sense of urgency because solving problems quickly and accurately will prevail in the customer’s mind.
- Long-term Relationships: We are not interested in relationships that are short-lived. Relationships are the core to our business and trust is the foundation of our relationships. We will be true to our customers, our vendors and our employees. We strive for great friendship in these relationships because in the end we are here to enjoy one another and serve.
- Professionalism: We are not just talking about our appearance when we are defining professionalism. It‘s about being knowledgeable, learning to better oneself, truly listening to others when they are talking, doing it right the first time (quality not quantity)and taking pride in the work you do.
- Fun: We strive for a fun atmosphere at GAM. We know that with every business, there is pressure but we need to balance that pressure, with fun. We encourage activities that build friendships to know the whole person not just the work person.